Truth be told...

Truth be told....

Jun 5, 2010

A Letter to My Father

God, some say we shouldnt speak directly to you, they say your a King and should be revered as one. My question is why do I want to run to you, underneath your arms, why do I want to call you Papa and have you smile down at me like a father would at his daughter. Why do I feel connected to you, in all things, the breeze passes me and before leaving grabs me and hugs me quickly and fervently, it's you I feel. Some say you dont speak directly to us, and all that you say is in the word published 2000 years ago. Why then do I hear you? My son and I lay face to face and he at 3years old reaches out and touches my face and says Mommy Im so glad your here, I hear you! At night when things are quiet and no one is calling and Im still, alone, in the middle of my apartment, you whisper "todays complete". No matter what they say you are everything!
Your Daughter
Lles

1 comment: